Monday, April 27, 2009

Panthers Land 2nd Football Recruit for 2010

Lost in the mix a little of all the draft hype was Aaron Donald of Penn Hills becoming Pitt's second recruit to give a verbal for 2010. Apparently, Pitt linebacker Mick Williams factored into his decision:

All it took for Aaron Donald was one look at Pitt defensive tackle Mick Williams to convince the Penn Hills star that the could play the same position for the Panthers.

On Thursday, the 6-foot, 260-pound Donald gave a verbal commitment to Pitt. One of the top defensive linemen in the WPIAL, he fills a position of need for the Panthers, who will lose defensive tackles Williams, Gus Mustakas and Craig Bokor to graduation next year.

"Just looking at him, he's no bigger than me, and he plays defensive tackle," Donald said. "If he can play there, I feel like I can, too. I'm an undersized defensive lineman, but Pitt has been telling me I'd fit in perfect. I feel like I'm a dominant defensive tackle at my size. It's hard to block me. I use my speed and quickness to get past offensive linemen."


Here's some pretty impressive video on him. Anxious to see what he can do his senior year after posting 14 sacks as a junior.

Donald had offers from Rutgers, Toledo, and Akron.

No comments:

Post a Comment