Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Slimmer Version

Word out of the NBA Draft camps is that DeJuan Blair has shed 30 pounds.

Thanks to the regimented workout schedule and a strict diet, Blair sweated away more than 30 pounds. His new and improved body (he now weighs in at 275 pounds) and his impressive workouts for NBA scouts have solidified his position as a first-round selection in the NBA draft June 25, and he is on the cusp of being a lottery pick.

Blair has rocketed up draft boards after spending a month in Florida, where he proved that he can be disciplined with his diet and demonstrated a tremendous desire to compete.

"It's been all work down here," Blair said by telephone from Florida this week. "There were days when I didn't want to get up, but I had to. I had to grind it out. It's all paying off. I hope to be in the lottery and do something people told me I couldn't do."


According to the article from Fitipaldo in the PG, Blair has hopes of landing in the lottery. Right now, it seems like a mystery where he'll end up. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go anywhere from the end of the lottery to the end of the first round.

No comments:

Post a Comment