Thursday, July 2, 2009

Football Tidbits

A few relatively small pieces of football news this holiday weekend:

Adam Gunn seemed genuinely scared of the police and hopes he won't have any more troubles with the law:

"I have never been on the other side of the law before and I don't ever want to be there again," Gunn said in his first interview since he was arrested May 9 and charged with two misdemeanor (resisting arrest and failure to disperse) and two summary offenses (disorderly conduct and public drunkenness) for an altercation with police officers outside a Station Square nightclub.

"I think the first thing I need to say is that I'm sorry and I take full responsibility for my actions -- I know I let my team down, my family down and my coaches down -- but more than anything else, I let myself down.

"The whole entire incident could have and should have been avoided."


Still trying to wrap my arms around the fact that he RAN FROM THE POLICE. You have to know that is going to cause some trouble. Hopefully he's learned a lesson from this - it seems as if he has.

In NFL news, Shady gets a four-year deal with the Eagles and the Brian Westbrook comparisons keep coming:

In McCoy, the Eagles believe they have an almost 21-year-old all-purpose back in the Westbrook mold - a shifty, elusive running back with a knack for finding the end zone.

"I think he can do the same types of things that Brian can do," said Eagles' general manager Tom Heckert. "We think he's an all-around player and we think he can step right in and help us out. He's a great receiver out of the backfield. You can spread him out and he can also run the ball in between the tackles. It's not fair to him to say he's just a change of pace guy, that he's not a full-time player. He's proven that he can be durable enough to carry the football in major competition."


Also, Sto-Rox receiver Andrew Carswell will apparently be a Panther, choosing Pitt over Michigan, Michigan State, Wisconsin, and others.

No comments:

Post a Comment