Friday, September 11, 2009

Quick Hitter on Buffalo

Okay, with the game only about 15 hours from the time I'm posting this, I have no intention of doing a preview of the Buffalo game. Mix in a busy week and the fact that I'm going to miss most of this game due to family commitments, and the interest level in getting a solid preview out just wasn't there.

But...

I will say this could be a tough game for Pitt. Take the fact that this game is on the road against what I believe Turner Gill called one of the biggest games in their history coupled with Pitt's penchant for losing games like this and you've got a recipe for disaster. I expect to see an exact replica of the offense last week - simple to let Stull get his feet wet, relying heavily on the running game, and small screen passes with an occasional deep shot.

The defense will want to set the tone early and help keep the crowd of it. I'm afraid that Buffalo may be able to capitalize on some of those blown secondary assignments we saw last week.

After a fairly close prediction last week, I'm going to try to get it right again - Let's go with 23 - 13, Pitt.

No comments:

Post a Comment